KT and TAPERED Implants
MACHINED WINSIX® Implants - with smooth surface – were specifically developed in order to offer an important rehabilitative option to those patients who are likely to be subject to periodontitis, owing to congenital characteristics or their lifestyle. Such patients are identified thanks to a specific screening test conducted by the dentist.
In those patients, in case of periodontitis, tissue resorption or implant exposure do not compromise osseointegration; on the contrary, they facilitate the long term stability of the implant, as the machined surface reduces bacterial infiltration and adhesion to extremely low levels.
WINSIX® MACHINED Implants smooth surface is based on a process called “distance osteogenesis”, whose BIC (bone to implant contact) value is lower than the one observed in implants with rough surfaces, based on the principle of “contact osteointegration”.
MACHINED WINSIX® implants are suitable for endosseous implant surgery, with the aim to obtain a harmonic and efficient oral rehabilitation, in terms of both functionality and aesthetics.
WINSIX® MACHINED IMPLANTS ARE SPECIALLY SUITABLE IN THE FOLLOWING TYPES OF PATIENTS:
- Patients with a history of aggressive periodontitis
- Smokers with a history of chronical periodontitis and low compliance
- Patients who risk a progression in their periodontitis (where risk factors persist after periodontal treatments)
- Patients who are not consistent in their periodontal treatments
- Patients with previous periodontitis
- Patients who need a significant maxillary sinus lift, with at least 3mm of residual bone for the primary stability
MACHINED IMPLANTS Bibliography